A Retired Angel - Poem by Ellie Watts
Once, long ago i was an angel.
golden wings set on my back.
a silver halo over my head.
but those days are gone now.
my gold wings are tainted with blood.
My silver halo has turned to devilish horns.
the omen of Satan.
the God of war.
and take me home.
into the tomb.
into the crypt.
into hell where i have slept.
Comments about A Retired Angel by Ellie Watts
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl