A Time To Come A Time To Go - Poem by Adrian Flett
Memories arrive unannounced
in the head, much inclined
to hold in thrall, let them bounce
about, and fill the mind.
Those thoughts when young,
energy filled, I watch hope to be
like them as further along
the pathway I go to my destiny.
Those times of reaching maturity,
now being singularly able,
and thinking one's immorality
to be and remain ever stable.
Watching those depart who want to stay
leaving me more and more alone.
Seeing them all here today
but tomorrow gone,
no semblance or clue of where,
old friends lost in space,
they've gone now, left us unaware,
the only clues hope and faith.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about A Time To Come A Time To Go by Adrian Flett
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl