An Insect - Poem by Debasish Mishra
A little insect
That creeps and crawls desperately...
Misled by mirages,
Overwhelmed by transitory happiness,
Ignorant of the reality...
That is hardly unravelled.
This insect is a little different..
It has emotions, sentiments,
Ego, meagre intellect
And, what we call, human feelings.
This insect calls itself supreme,
Beware that it, too, is subject to the eternal laws
Of space and time, death and decay!
A moment is enough
To separate it from worldly possessions
And all mundane attachments...
Hmmhh! Infact, this insect is foolish...
The little insect of human life!
Comments about An Insect by Debasish Mishra
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl