Lawrence S. Pertillar
An Unmentioned Intention - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
If I stopped to qualify the love I felt for you...
You would not feel it as I'd wish you do!
Busy would I be describing emotions meant.
You'd see me in frustrations sent...
Explaining each line of a changing document.
Each time a change occurred,
An amendment scratched...
Attached to blur an unmentioned intention.
Replacing 'that' with yet another fact.
If I stopped to qualify this love for you...
It would keep us distant.
And you would not believe it,
If it goes unknown.
Leaving us to live alone with it not shown!
Comments about An Unmentioned Intention by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl