Angelic Qualities - Poem by David Lacey
Never did I tell you and I thought that you should know.
The first time I saw you in my mind I perceived a girl of angelic qualities,
And even though she was wingless she seemed to fly,
Her eyes a light unto the world, her eyes shimmering void
As though an ocean deep and sleepless dwelled within.
I knew before I knew you that I would love you and I
Knew that I would never tell you in the time we had.
I perceived you to be so far beyond me, a goddess,
Your own beauty beyond boundary.
Journey well soulful warrior and sleep tight within sweet dreams.
Comments about Angelic Qualities by David Lacey
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl