Betrayal - Poem by Jeffery Brunner
Listen to you heart they tell him,
All the while he wonders how can he?
She still has his heart no matter how hard he tries...
His heart, the voices, the memories
They all betray him...
His thoughts are filled with piercing memories
All those days of happiness are now gone,
So far gone that they seem nearly unreachable
He stretches out reaching for her
Her beauty nearly blinding him
As he reaches he realizes that,
he may never be able to reach her again
The truth becomes more clear
He finally grasps her
and in that instant all things are clear as glass
Just when all seems perfect
A pain overwhelms his body...
His heart has failed him,
It has betrayed him one final time...
Comments about Betrayal by Jeffery Brunner
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl