Daddy? .....When You Were Gone - Poem by Amber Ross
Daddy come home
I want to hug you
I want you here with me again
If only you could hear me daddy
what would you say?
when I ask mom the same question each and everyday
Mommy when is daddy coming home, will it be soon?
Whenever is fine, god I hope he's in a good mood
Every time I say that, each time everyday
My daddy feels like he's falling further and further away
Now that you left me daddy, our home is gone.
Now that you left me daddy, the days are getting long.
I left you a note daddy, but I guess it hurt for you to see.
Now that you left me daddy, it tore apart our whole family
Now that your back I can smile and laugh again
But please don't ever ever scare me like that again.
Comments about Daddy? .....When You Were Gone by Amber Ross
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl