Dark Night - Poem by Hope Ramone
Everyone is doing great,
Everyone, but me is happy,
Why is it that only I seem to hate?
The sky is so cheerful,
The sun is so bright,
Why is it so dark only at night?
Children dance and sing,
Women sit in the park,
I see so many smiles,
I see the light in everyone else's eyes,
Though, I'm drowning in my own lies.
I say I'm fine,
Whenever you ask,
I smile, yet, am hateful in my mind,
In my own self pity I bask.
I act so very fake,
I am so very dark,
I live in the confusion only I make,
I envy the happiness in that park.
With myself I fight,
Though, each and everyday,
I become darker,
Just like that dark, dark night.
Comments about Dark Night by Hope Ramone
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda