Depression - Poem by Grace Burke
My tears fall, but no one sees them
My cries echo in the emptiness of my life
No one is there to comfort me
No one is there to care if I live or die.
I have built a wall to keep people out
But in so doing I have walled myself in.
Brick by brick I have built my fortress
Brick by brick I have shut the world out.
A life time of hurt has made the walls strong
A life time of delusions has made me weak.
To overcome I must make myself strong
To overcome I must face the reality of life.
Brick by brick I must dismantle my wall
Brick by brick I must set myself free.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about Depression by Grace Burke
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda