'Discrimination' - Poem by David Taylor
Racism a nasty word
that conjures thoughts
of oppressive deeds
made by man because
Discrimination another one
that binds our minds
and sharpens tongues
because of some elitist thought
that's unjust and plainly wrong.
Fighting wars because of God?
Trampling on the underdog.
But we have legislation
to banish discrimination.
is the current phrase; our incantation.
The rules and laws
are needed where
some of us would dare
to think in ways that denigrate
others on this Earth; our place.
Racism? There is just one human race
no matter what form the face.
a faculty we all posses
to separate what's bad from best.
Discrimination would be good
if it were used for what it does;
revealing what unites ALL of us.
Comments about 'Discrimination' by David Taylor
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl