Evolution Ultra Lounge - Poem by Jacob Bearer
Walking into that bar,
the black lights unearthed lost ancestry.
The entire tree was blooming,
from the tattoo-sleeved Neandertahl,
through the bounce'n Cromagnon,
all the way up to the Cardigan Homosapien.
Every flora packed together,
perfuming the whole basin
mingling Musk and Armani Code,
filling it with slurred notes
of Johnny Cash and Cartel.
The night advanced, loosing sentience,
leveling every step off,
raising the Neandertahl;
while Miller's gravity
lowered each Homosapien.
With each crack of the cue ball,
each fauna was scared closer together,
until their bodies curiously touched,
and the bar lost sight of anthropology.
Comments about Evolution Ultra Lounge by Jacob Bearer
Edgar Allan Poe
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda