Lawrence S. Pertillar
Exposing Any Of That Makes Them Upset - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
How many opportunities should be given,
To those who are clearly incompetent?
'Are they liked and impressively dressed? '
'Do they appear to be dim of wit.
And protected by others who prefer them best? '
'Accept their incompetence.
What else should you expect.
A respect for intelligence,
You have yet from them to get?
Stop deluding yourself with reality.
Where has that ever been seen to be detected?
Accept their incompetence.
Forget any signs of intelligence.
Exposing any of that makes them upset.
If not diminished into a novelty...
To diffuse its seriousness.'
Comments about Exposing Any Of That Makes Them Upset by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl