Final Payback - Poem by Eliana Cordova
Let me hold your hand.
Memories of pain no longer exist,
In our world.
Free from hate and suffering…
And everything that comes in between.
Shadows hide the fear in my eyes,
While the tears of happiness
Gently fall across your cheeks.
Ahead of us is the future,
Filling the marmalade skies above.
We’ll outlive all those souls
Who took away our liberty.
Fate has been cruel,
Here is our final payback…
Let’s escape far away
Where no one but the stars will find us.
Your love protects my sorrow
As I reminisce on the good times.
But I will remain strong
On one condition alone:
After endless nights,
I will always see your face.
Promise me, I pray.
These scars on my heart,
Will never leave me.
And neither should you.
Comments about Final Payback by Eliana Cordova
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda