'Fire Pit' - Poem by Kelly Seale
The putrid smoke from the pit drifted and stung my nostrils-
Plastic arms and legs, a doll's head,
melting in the dying flames.
Water from my hose, unable to extinguish the death of such an innocent.
Gallons and gallons of tears-
wasted along my way.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Thought the fire was completely out...
Next morning... flames still danced from the baby doll...
that just simply...
Would not die.
Comments about 'Fire Pit' by Kelly Seale
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye