Fits Like A Tragedy - Poem by Jessy Liz
Closure is a noose, I’m finding now.
I am breaking loose and crying out.
It fits like a tragedy.
In the mirror I can see..
My feet are light, as a dancer’s are..
Present now amongst the stars.
Just inches beyond the cold, hard concrete
Of your twisted middle ground.
Tighter is this closure..
For I am ready now.
Growing distant, is this music-
My slow and somber song.
I am finding my place,
For once I did not belong…
Yes, Mirror, Mirror, I can see..
This noose fits like a tragedy.
Comments about Fits Like A Tragedy by Jessy Liz
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl