Font Color='#880000'scarred/Font - Poem by David Zvekic
Oh! Shut my brain; Don't make me feel
my pain, your pain, you've made it real.
You've tied down hope; I'm half as tall,
where once pride stood stands none at all.
I've lost my breath but I can't leave,
drowned by this rage I cannot breathe.
You've locked hate with me in your cell:
A broken will wears an empty shell.
But numbed I'll carry on a while.
My pain, my pain taught me to smile.
A mangled scar - I've lost my fear
and found myself
... but I'm still here...
- October 26 2005
Comments about Font Color='#880000'scarred/Font by David Zvekic
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl