For Kay - Poem by Esra Sloblock
I arrived first.
With engineered time on my hands,
Reflections and ponderings abounded.
In the perfectly washed out,
Freeze dried day.
Leaves called me to watch
As they let go
In death's most feeble breath.
Just as she would wish.
My anger at life for it's failure
And at death for it's gratuitous theft
Younger than I
And no more.
And she shone again.
Comments about For Kay by Esra Sloblock
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl