Lawrence S. Pertillar
For Kicks - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Let me just say this for 'kicks'.
There is a reason 'why' your problems exist.
And done with a conscious enjoyment.
You have been in the center of all of it.
You are making claims like the others,
To have fallen asleep to get rest.
While someone else commanded your ship.
And as it was allowed to drift,
You were lulled into a deeper noninvolvement.
It's an excuse so many make...
To accuse others for their mistakes!
And staying awake creates the taking of effort!
An effort that escapes from your self-assessment.
Comments about For Kicks by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl