Forgetting To Remember - Poem by Katrina Wisniewski
I forgot what it was like to feel;
to imagine a world beyond my own
and understand how these will heal.
Looking at the sky, I made a deal
that will forever be set in stone.
Forgetting what it was like to feel;
I almost remembered that I was real.
I hate the fact that I'm alon
and can't understand how these will heal.
Keeping secrets I will have to reveal;
Acknowledge the truth and have it be known,
I forgot what it was like to feel.
Falling to the floor, I begin to kneel
begging for words to change my tone.
I remember what it's like to feel
and under how these wounds will heal.
Comments about Forgetting To Remember by Katrina Wisniewski
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl