Forgotten Heroes - Poem by Arlene J.Hoffman
We are the brave, the proud and the strong
The husbands and brothers, our country's forlon.
Life was simple, before the "War" came,
We were content, with all we had to gain.
Our country called us all to "War,"
We willingly went to settle a score.
When it was all over and we came on (can't read)
The strain of it, we could not bare alone,
We "Didn't" get rewarded for all we did out there,
People never understood and we guessed they didn't care.
The hospitals are full of much "Forgotten vets,"
Their lives were touched but not by success
They build a "Wall" to help ease their pain,
To right the wrong, our country sees as "Blame!
Comments about Forgotten Heroes by Arlene J.Hoffman
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl