Lawrence S. Pertillar
Fresh Debt Offerings - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
My credit is bad.
It has been for a long time.
But guess what?
Even though I didn't start that trend...
I now feel more American and patriotic than ever!
My credit has been bad for so long...
It has become good with fresh debt offerings!
Visa and Mastercards with applications sent.
With approval guaranteed...
If I should call within 24 hours.
Whether or not I am penniless.
And at one time I felt ostracized,
Because I had no credit at all!
And today I've become embraced,
As a true American.
After more than 400 years!
And many stolen inventions.
Comments about Fresh Debt Offerings by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl