Lawrence S. Pertillar
From Them No Empathy Comes - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
The longer you waited,
In hiding with false claims.
The later it became...
To undo any resentment,
That a guilty mind...
With a shame confined.
And those wrongly accused,
But found unjustly abused...
May have long ago forgiven you.
It is in your mind that shows a disturbance.
From all that you had done on purpose.
And those who may show you empathy,
Aren't the ones who now show you none!
From them no empathy comes.
And you they see,
As the deserving one to grieve.
In a pity they would rather leave behind and not see.
Comments about From Them No Empathy Comes by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl