Geof Bard and Clara Martinez
Gabriela Mistral's Dame La Mano - Poem by Geof Bard and Clara Martinez
Place your hand in my hand
Place your heart in my heart.
We as a flower in a meadow,
A single flower, and nothing more.
Voices, dancers, intertwined,
Moving as one, singing as one.
As the wind sends a ripple across the land,
An undulating wave across the fields.
My name is Hope;
And your name is Rose.
But you shall forget,
And become the dance,
The dance itself,
And nothing else.
Comments about Gabriela Mistral's Dame La Mano by Geof Bard and Clara Martinez
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Geof Bard and Clara Martinez's Other Poems
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye