Genesis - Poem by Cheryl Anderson
The Lord is my rock and salvation.
He has never failed me.
But, I can't help feeling neglected -
For in the very beginning
When He first made man.
He saw that he was lonely
Therefore, He made woman.
He saw that that was good,
And the Garden of Eden- Paradise.
True the wicked serpent appeared
Creating much hell on earth
Loneliness and deep despair.
Hardships and long- sufferings.
We have almost reached a new millennium.
But, the same old truths prevail.
Every man wants a woman,
And every woman wants a man.
Comments about Genesis by Cheryl Anderson
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda