God Was Bleeding - Poem by Satish Verma
And now the pain wants me to speak,
the words, but I wanted to listen
like winds and keep back the thoughts.
I refused to move from the scene.
God was bleeding
and his dolls were strewn around
on marble floor
No tree was safe now.
The sky had cracked,
off the light. I cannot reach.
The dark thing shoves in,
from a precipice, I am falling,
The pomegranate blossoms?
Where are they?
I am not afraid of a terrorist.
I fear more of the shape
of the humanoid eyes
they are red, very red!
Comments about God Was Bleeding by Satish Verma
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl