Gone? - Poem by Herbert Nehrlich
I had left the door ajar
for just a moment.
Looked up in time
to see a shadow.
so late at night.
And all that's left
behind for me was
just a sound.
No sound of music
but the busy fiddle
which was creating now
the lovely, but so final sounds:
The patter of -just leaving now -,
the patter of so, yes.....
l'il boys' feet.
Comments about Gone? by Herbert Nehrlich
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda