Gone! ....Almost. - Poem by Brian Counsell
Drifting and slipping I wrote my last meaningless note,
and decided not to take my son, s coat.
I locked up the house and the night was so black.
I suddenly realised there was no turning back.
They will never find the car, it is so lonely down here.
Desperate, cold, crying but surprisingly no fear.
I thought, what have I? Who needs me, well maybe.
I thought of my dog, she would bark, .please feed me?
I unhooked the hose, my rumeration as quiet as a mouse.
Drove hell for leather back to my house.
Comments about Gone! ....Almost. by Brian Counsell
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda