Grain Of Thought - Poem by Sharmeen Azam
Take a moment, take a step back,
Take a look around, take a breath.
Look for what you least see
life, liberty, justice; laws on paper
Should they be?
Complacency leads, courage follows rather timidly.
One can save agony, distress. Other leads to distinction.
Achieve heights of immortality? Nay, in this life.
For eternity lies in the Hereafter
We bloom here; we perish here
Who has the time for appreciation?
Running on empty, destination blurred.
Awk of passions leaves a wasteland,
of broken dreams, broken hearts!
If “reap what you sow”, then I reap a grim harvest.
I go hungry. How can I then offer succor to my beloveds?
Lost in a world; lost in thought
Will I be found again?
Comments about Grain Of Thought by Sharmeen Azam
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl