Has Life Dealt Me A Short Straw? - Poem by Alison Smith
Been dealt some hard knocks
Do I complain to the higher being?
Do I sit and moan how life has dealt me a crappy hand?
Why? What will it achieve?
Dont I also look at what I have achieved because of this?
Dont I look at those who have had it easy and see there pain?
Dont I take my lot and use it to it fullest?
Would you give in?
No I wont sit a moan my hand in life.
I'll stand and take it on the chin.
I will find the strength each time I fall
To stand up again.
Has life dealt me a short straw?
No life has dealt me an adventure.
Comments about Has Life Dealt Me A Short Straw? by Alison Smith
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl