Lawrence S. Pertillar
Helped To Pack - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
It is said absence makes the heart grow fonder!
Some experience amnesia during these times,
And not only have been found in states of euphoria...
But hoping that the absence produced,
Creates a disappearing act!
And the one who sought to leave...
Never comes back!
Whoever coined that phrase,
About the absence of hearts and lonely days!
Never awakened against a slab of ice.
Or kneed in the groin,
By someone who has no depth going on!
And nothing to share...
But a blank thoughtless stare!
Someone like that...
Is often helped to pack!
Especially after many years,
Of being denied human contact!
Comments about Helped To Pack by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl