Heron Here At - Lincoln Park Zoo - Poem by Ima Ryma
Two black crowned night herons we be,
Spending summers in Chicago,
Where the missus said yes to me,
Couldn't resist me - doncha know!
We built a cozy nest to do
The all in the family thing,
A condo in a tree with view,
Plenty of room for multi wing.
The missus lays the eggs, and then
We take turns on doing chick sit,
Raising feathers and squawking when
Time for the other to be it.
The missus and I fly in zest
To Lincoln Park Zoo summer nest.
Comments about Heron Here At - Lincoln Park Zoo by Ima Ryma
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl