Hope. - Poem by Cecilia Parkin
The noise and stench of war lives on,
And we co-exist in a world - not as before.
Sometimes laughter stops in mid-air
As the scenes o'er there
Flash before our eyes-and echoes
Fill our ears, of the noise and cries.
But it will not be in vain
If the to-morrows give
Blue skies and sunny days.
And freedom abounds - to do
And think in ones own ways.
But for those of us - who will
Not live to see those days,
Dare we hope......
That with all that will be good
We might not be forgotten.......
Not forgotten! .
Written as a tribute to Rememberance Day.
Comments about Hope. by Cecilia Parkin
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda