I Won’t Lose You To Melancholy Armies - Poem by Uriah Hamilton
</>In the fullness of time,
You will discover a perfect love
To redeem this life from sadness.
The days of emotional abuse
And calculated spiritual alienation
Misleading intentions and false facades
Will cease to exact tears
And seasons of withering estrangement from life.
The harshness of fading hope
Will no longer propel you into arms
That do not genuinely cherish you.
God and the universe
Perceive these debilitating ordeals
And seek your protection.
Even in the winter of terrible thoughts,
There is a flower watching over you
With the fragrance of deliverance.
I have trust in a thousand deities
To return your child-like smile
That I knew from another lifetime.
Comments about I Won’t Lose You To Melancholy Armies by Uriah Hamilton
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl