Lawrence S. Pertillar
If One Smiling Looks Out Of Place - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Why do you smile now all the time?
It looks out of place.
Especially around those,
Adorning exposed frowns on their faces.
'I've found a different approach to reveal my bitterness.
I have discovered this way expresses my agitation.
And if anyone is offended,
They would have to ask themselves why this offends? '
It does not offend as much as it just looks out of place.
Don't you think that is a sad commentary to make?
If one smiling looks out of place...
That should irritate everyone as to what it is they find important.'
Comments about If One Smiling Looks Out Of Place by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl