It Had Been Such A Long Time Since I Had Seen Her Last - Poem by Jeff Fleischer
It had been such a long time since I'd seen her last.
I know that I hadn't forgotten about our past.
I'm afraid that for me, it just couldn't be
Such a distant memory.
When I met her for drinks that night.
I thought that my life was going right.
We had been in love for oh so long.
But then things between us just went wrong.
Since then, I've often wondered what she had done with her life,
And with whom had she been.
My existence had become a battle that I couldn't win.
Before she passed me by, I just wanted to tell her,
'I tried and tried, but there was nothing I could do
To help myself to get over you.'
Comments about It Had Been Such A Long Time Since I Had Seen Her Last by Jeff Fleischer
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl