It's Been Such A Long Time... - Poem by Mary Naylor
Since we met,
Since we talked,
Since we ate at that
Do you remember when,
First you gave me a manicure,
Then a pedicure,
And the pedicure did it.
No one looked at us,
They looked at my beautiful toes!
Do you know how long its been?
On my big toe, it's been from the base
Of the nail, to the tip of the toe,
With its rim of bright polish.
If my toe was a conscious entity,
It would think it was looking
At the remnant of a super nova.
That's how I feel.
It's been such a long time.
Comments about It's Been Such A Long Time... by Mary Naylor
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl