Lingering Fragrance - Poem by Robert Siney
The pain of immobility and silence;
suffocating with their mystic mockery.
And the lingering fragrance of prophecy
exists only within hidden footsteps.
Life is just an empty shadow
but life is all I have.
Secondary emotion dispelled by reason,
Must I acquiesce to a magnified anguish?
As I desperately grope for clarity
I find only my tailored paradox.
I’ve been betrayed by this sadistic melancholy;
but its ink still smears my page.
Comments about Lingering Fragrance by Robert Siney
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl