Lost - Poem by Jennifer Dattero
Lost beneath the shadows
Searching for the light
I will never give up on this struggle,
On this fight.
I try so hard to make up my mind
But one thing I can’t find is someone to understand, someone who is kind.
Trusting and loyal, forgiving and always there,
Lost in a world where nothing’s ever fair.
Lost in my feelings, holding my breath.
Lost in the worry, the worry of death.
Who am I, why can’t I find
The answers and the reasons to define
How I feel, what I think-I can’t even read my own mind
My heart is aching- I can’t explain
Explain the reason why I’m going so insane
Everything’s mixed up I don’t know how I feel
I guess I’ll just keep living like I’m imaging this whole ordeal
Comments about Lost by Jennifer Dattero
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda