Love Can Only Do Good - Poem by Derrick Allenger
If we would love even for a little
Knowing that the master loves us
Even more when we are full of hate
for each other.
A little love first for ourselves
Then for our neighboure, brothers and sisters.
Would not life be all sunshine in sweetness
of our Lord and Saviour?
Never we forget that there is kindness
in his justice,
The master favore none. The love of God for humanity my friends,
Is indeed broader, more than you and I can think.
And gone far beyond the measures of man's mind.
And we should take the master at his word,
To love one another,
For love can only do good.
Comments about Love Can Only Do Good by Derrick Allenger
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Derrick Allenger's Other Poems
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl