Love Never Stays - Poem by Barry Middleton
Love never saved a single soul,
love never stays.
It might drift onward
in fitful narcotic dreams.
Move on to become weariness,
and another barren sunset.
Love is a jester and a trickster.
Love is an ever retreating mirage.
This sandbar for the shipwrecked,
is a place to catch our breath.
But then the tide returns
to drown us in the audacity of hope.
Love is fire stolen from the mountain,
another delusion of immortality.
Comments about Love Never Stays by Barry Middleton
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda