I write because I have to
Me Vs. Me - Poem by I write because I have to
The fear of consequence was a fence
to lock me in and block my confidence
and make me feel incompetent.
I realize that it's all internal
in my mind
the cost is steep
and losing sleep is making me nocturnal.
Trying to defeat this rival
but upon arrival I can see
that its just me
battling my own self for survival.
Thoughts my greatest adversary
the foe that I know best
I never would have guessed
that this war was just a test
and every time I'd pass I'd fail
because I still can't beat me at my best
so I'll have to tip the scale
and see what happens next.
Comments about Me Vs. Me by I write because I have to
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda