Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet
My Twilight Years - Poem by Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet
I’m not a Party Animal,
Nor am I a ‘stuffed shirt’
I’ll mix with all and sundry.
But I’ll often then get hurt.
I’m not an extrovert,
Nor a loner ~ can’t you see,
But new friends are hard to find.
Who’ll sit upon my knee.
My subject matter is limited,
And dance I can no more do,
For my Myasthenia has depleted
The Raves that I can attend with you.
Parties are no longer suitable
For the likes of me,
But historic memories
Are all that I can see.
When my body will not work,
As it once did long ago,
I have to find other pastimes,
Until the end ~ when it’ll be time to go.
© Jonathan Goldman [JGthepoet] - 4 June 2006
Comments about My Twilight Years by Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl