Not This, Not That - Poem by Smoky Hoss
everyone has lived before,
here and there;
everyone dies, now and then.
- look at all the maps of mankind
run amuk with dots of red, blue and black -
roads, towns, cities and hamlets,
People everywhere; villages without voices;
mountains miles apart
or side by side,
rivers, creeks and streams
flowing in all directions,
lakes and oceans
fields and woods
full of People, living,
- why are there no
population signs at the gates to a cemetary?
do they fill too fast?
- life is not this;
and not that;
ditto the dying.
so I look at maps,
with all those impressive symbols
of mankinds great progression.
as the living do...
and the dying wish for
Comments about Not This, Not That by Smoky Hoss
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda