Oedipus Redux - Poem by Fred Babbin
This is only a poem, and it is not permanent- nothing is permanent, and since nothing is permanant, we must 'let it go'. I'm not blind, either.
I am like blind Oedipus
living in my comfort zone.
And while I never screwed my mother,
I surely do have many other
that create more problems to be solved.
I can say that “Life is thrilling”,
although not the way
it should have been.
For we are not eternal.
We cannot live forever.
Our infernal universe
is really made by chance,
which is O.K. but for the ache
that some of us endure.
And while my thoughts
are not so pure,
they feel the dance
we must endure-
(But I think they really show
that we must truly “let it go”) ..
Comments about Oedipus Redux by Fred Babbin
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl