One - Poem by Gil Garcia
The ocean air
made me very aware
as I looked on to you
of how much I knew
I was in love.
Your eyes looked on me
and I wanted to see
and feel your thoughts as mine
to know how in you I was defined.
Did you love me?
As your lips moved up and down
I heard the ocean all around.
Your voice was music in my ears
melodies that would echo through the years.
I was at peace.
Never had I fallen for any woman
in my life there had really been no one.
And when the sun rises a final time
I will give you a sign,
that will forever show my grateful love.
For only God knows that I pray
that you never go away.
And that at the end
you will be my loving friend,
my one wife.
Comments about One by Gil Garcia
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda