Only God Hears My Cry - Poem by John Sensele
Only God hears my cry
When under pressure I teeter to the verge of collapse
As my patience and endurance they braii
Until their machinations and fabrications drive me near relapse.
Only God listens to my plea
When under pressure I teeter to the verge of insanity
As my tolerance and balance they decree
Stand for nothing but futility and indignity.
Only God nurtures my welfare
When under pressure I teeter to the verge of despair
As my dance and circumstance they pair
With pride and a ride to nowhere fair.
Only God feels my pain
When under pressure I teeter to the verge of surrender
As my chance and distance they strain
To ensure in the end I go under.
Comments about Only God Hears My Cry by John Sensele
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl