Soibam Pramodini Devi
Our Land - Poem by Soibam Pramodini Devi
Suppressed long by corruption
In this land of our birth
Otherwise better our state might be
Than all the world to you and me.
Our land, its sky and valley
Its hills, lakes, rivers
Born and brought up here
I love them so much.
Yet this is the land
Where no truth prevailed
Where we suffer exploitation
And degradation so long silent.
Yet peoplerespect corrupt officials
As stalwarts among dwarfs
Andpillars of the society.
They think corruption as a way of life,
A means to fulfill their dreams
Or a meanseven fora meagersurvival.
Otherwise this land of our birth
Might be the best place on earth
To you and to me.
Comments about Our Land by Soibam Pramodini Devi
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda