ivor or ivor.e hogg
Outstandingly Average. - Poem by ivor or ivor.e hogg
ordinary. My only claim
to fame is my normality
I’ll never be a household name.
Nor do I think I’d want to be.
A bit player in life’s game
I do not court publicity
I ask for neither praise nor blame.
I’ll settle for obscurity.
I have no goal for which I aim.
I am content to simply
be a spectator of life’s game.
Express my views in poetry
To no effect quite probably.
Wednesday,13 October 2010
http: // blog.myspace.com/poeticpiers
Comments about Outstandingly Average. by ivor or ivor.e hogg
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl