Poetry Heaven - Poem by Kim Barney
Last night I went to bed at eleven
And dreamed I went to Poetry Heaven.
Keeper of the Gate was not Saint Peter
read full text »
Topic(s) of this poem: humor
Form: Light Verse
Poet's Notes about The Poem
31 January 2015
Recife, Pernambuco, Brasil
modified 03 April 2016, again 06 April 2016, again 02 May 2016
W.V. added 15 Feb 2017
Note: On 24 March 2015 this poem was selected as Member Poem of the Day. This was the first of five of my poems to be selected.
Thank You, Poem Hunter!
Another Note: at one time this poem was # 248 on the top 500 poems, but I have deactivated it several times to see which other poems Poem Hunter would put in its place, and the last time I checked, it had dropped completely off the top 500.
Comments about Poetry Heaven by Kim Barney
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl