Frank V. Gardner
Pope John, Ecumenical Man - Poem by Frank V. Gardner
Pope John is dead! The crowds go home,
Their vigil's over now;
Their prayers continue for the man
Who simply showed them how.
'Pope John is dead, ' the headlines say,
The man who loved us all,
He prayed that one day we might
All be ecumenical.
Pope John is dead, and may he rest
In heaven's holy place,
Where one day all the world will join
In one angelic race.
Pope John is dead. Our hearts are sad,
For we have lost a friend;
He gave us inspiration, yes,
Right up until the end.
Pope John is dead; God rest his soul,
But there's no need to cry:
He taught us how to live with love...
And showed us how to die.
Comments about Pope John, Ecumenical Man by Frank V. Gardner
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl